Cultivate and support a diverse and high quality
work force that is passionate about and committed to graduating every child with a choice to attend college without remediation.
VISTA 2015 Goals
- Recruit, hire, induct, support and retain high-performing staff to promote organizational effectiveness
- Ensure all employees are highly effective and skilled for their positions
The Division of Human Resources is now accepting applications for the 2014 Principal/Assistant Principal Pool. Features of the APS principal and assistant principal hiring process include:
- Increasing efficiency and applicant quality measures.
- Identifying a pool of "preferred" pirncipal and assistant principal candidates.
- Integrating a school committee component to the district process, including classroom observations when possible.
- Posting general principal and assistant principal pool positions as well as specific school vacancies as they are known.
Once an application is complete, the Divisions of Human Resources and Instruction will review applications and select candidates to be included in a selection process for possible placement into the Principal/Assistant Principal Pool. If a candidate is selected for the Principal/Assistant Principal Pool, s/he shall then be contacted for principal/assistant principal vacancies.
Application deadlines for the Principal/Assistant Principal Pool is February 5, 2014.
For more information on the pool process, please visit http://aurorak12.org/hr/postings/2014PrincipalSelection.pdf