Special Opportunity for Brighton OPTIONS:
The OPTIONS Program is a part-time enrichment school for homeschoolers, sponsored by the Aurora Public Schools. Options school is looking for energetic, motivated teachers to join our teaching staff in our Brighton location. This is a part-time position; we have openings for Secondary Science, Secondary Language Arts, Secondary Social Studies and Elementary (reading/writing focus). A current Colorado teacher’s license is required, with endorsement at secondary level. No exceptions.
Brighton OPTIONS meets on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8:30a to 3:30p on Hwy 7, 7 miles East of I-25. This PART TIME position is available for the 2014/2015 school year and will begin in August. Our classes are small and the students are well behaved making it a wonderful place to teach. Pay is $25/hour with additional time paid for planning. There is also a budget for supplies.
For more information or to apply, please email your resume, 3 letters of recommendation and a copy of your teacher's license to: Amber Stevens at email@example.com. Interviews will begin immediately.
Options School Employment Opportunities - Accepting Applications
Options is seeking teachers for the following: art, vocal music, foreign language, elementary science, basic computers (spread sheet etc.) and theater. Science teacher will work 9 to 12 on Friday only. Other teachers will work one day a week from noon to 3. These teachers will serve grades K-6. The school is located in Aurora.
The Options School is a program for students in grades K-12, designed to support parents who choose to school their children at home. Parents remain the primary instructional provider, with the school supplementing their efforts. Families participating in the program get limited instruction and educational materials at no cost. This is possible because, as a public school, Options receives a portion of the PPOR (Per Pupil Operating Revenue) distributed at the state level for each enrolled student. This money is used to pay salaries, for curriculum and other costs associated with running the program.
- Art, music, P.E., math, science, Spanish, English, drama and elementary teachers are needed
- All positions are paid an hourly rate
- Colorado teaching license required
- Positive attitude and perception about the educational task
Teaching time varies from 2 - 6 hours, one day per week.
Retired teachers are strongly encouraged to apply!
- To apply, please complete an Application for Licensed Employment, along with the other documentation required from teacher candidates. Please click here to go to the application page.
- For additional program information, please visit the Options website or contact any of the following via phone 303-340-0666 or e-mail:
- For information on Colorado licensure procedures, please visit the Colorado Department of Education Web site.