Human Resources Office Hours:
- Office hours will be from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. by appointment only
- The office will be closed during the following times:
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12: 30 p.m.
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- A mask must be worn while visiting the office
It is your annual opportunity to enroll in benefits, update your benefit elections and add or remove dependents from coverage in order to ensure that your elections are in line with your needs. Open Enrollment will run from Sunday, May 1 through Tuesday, May 31, 2022. Unless you make changes, your current elections will roll over automatically for the new plan year (you can review them at MyAPSbenefits.com under “Current Deductions”) For more information visit our Benefits Open Enrollment page.
Click here to learn how you, as an APS employee, can be a part of giving back to our students through a tax deductable donation that will help suppport things such as:
- Enrichment curriculum;
- STEM learning;
- Robotics clubs;
- College and career readiness;
- Summer school literacy supports; and
- Free school supplies to all APS educators through the Educator Emporium
Covid-19 Information for the 2021-22 School Year
- Fall 2021 COVID 19 FAQ- The following FAQ addresses questions regarding COVID 19 protocols such as what to do if you are sick, caring for a sick family, childcare etc..
- Communication regarding mandatory vaccination. The following memo provides information on who is required to get the COVID-19 vaccination, the process, timeline, exemptions and more.
- Employees interested in pursuing an exemption from receiving the Covid-19 vaccination would need to submit either the religious exemption form or medical exemption form to the Human Resources Director who supports your community.
- For help on how to use the public portal to retrieve your immunization records click here.
- To assist in your understanding for the APS required vaccination of employees a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) document has been provided.
Aurora Public Schools & Aurora Education Association Contract Negotiations
Contract negotiations between the Aurora Public Schools Board of Education and the Aurora Education Association begin in February and conclude in May.
Session 1 – February 10, 2022 (5:00 – 8:30)
Session 2 – February 24, 2022 (5:00 – 8:30)
Session 3 – March 10, 2022 (5:00 – 8:30)
Session 4 – March 31, 2022 (5:00 – 8:30)
Session 5 – April 14, 2022 (5:00 – 8:30)
Session 6 – April 28, 2022 (5:00 – 8:30)
Session 7 – May 5, 2022 (5:00 – 10:00)
Session 8 – May 12, 2022 (5:00 – 10:00)
Each session will be held at CSU Global’s Aurora Campus (585 Salida Way) and is open to the public. Howevers, seating is limited. To accommodate interested parties, each session can be viewed via webinar at:
Or One tap mobile :
US: 8335480276,,93632280000# (Toll Free) or 8335480282,,93632280000# (Toll Free)
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: 833 548 0276 (Toll Free) or 833 548 0282 (Toll Free) or 877 853 5247 (Toll Free) or 888 788 0099 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 936 3228 0000
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/adJCugeDK7
For those who hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher and has a desire to, learn how you can tech in Aurora Public Schools through the PEBC Teacher Residency Program. Click here to learn more about the program, qualifications and how to apply.
Substitute Opportunities through Kelly Education
Kelly Educational Staffing has partnered with Aurora Public Schools and is currently looking for qualified individuals to work as licensed substitute teachers and classified substitutes within the district.
To apply for these substitute positions applicants can click on Application Link or to find out more information, please contact the local Kelly Education Team at 800.791.5895 Option 2.
Healthy Families and Workplace Act
The following poster summarizes the requirements of the Healthy Families and Workplace Act that goes into effect on January 1, 2021. On the poster you will find information pertaining to paid leave, whistleblowing and protective equipment.