Substitute Opportunities through Kelly Education
Looking for inspiring work? Substitutes have the chance to inspire students every day. Great substitute opportunities for both teaching and classroom support in Aurora Public Schools are available through our partner, Kelly Education. Click Here to Get Started!
Hiring Classroom Monitors
We would like to share information with you about a unique short-term job opportunity to support our students during in-person learning. APS is hiring classroom monitors to assist teachers with educational activities for students. The position is for the remainder of the school year.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enforcing established health and safety requirements including students’ mask use and social distancing
- Supervising students in all aspects of the school environment
- Following the daily academic schedule as set by classroom teachers
- Maintaining a classroom environment that is respectful and conducive to student learning, reporting concerns to school administration
- Providing positive behavior support to students as needed
- Providing technical assistance to students while they are engaged in virtual instruction
The position pays $13.37 per hour. Applicants must pass a required background check.
The job qualifications include working with school-age children and having at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
If you are interested please contact your child’s school to learn more or apply here.
See a list of current classroom monitor postings here
Human Resources is now open. Please note the following information:
- Office hours will be from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. by appointment only
- The office will be closed during the following times:
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12: 30 p.m.
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- A mask must be worn while visiting the office
Healthy Families and Workplace Act
The following poster summarizes the requirements of the Healthy Families and Workplace Act that goes into effect on January 1, 2021. On the poster you will find information pertaining to paid leave, whistleblowing and protective equipment.