Aurora Public Schools offers a variety of additional employee paid benefits to fit you and your families needs.
Coverage includes exam fees, diagnostics and treatments for accidents, illness, cancer, hereditary conditions, behavior issues and dental. Packages are customizable to fit you and your pet's needs. View our flier or full guide for more information.
APS is partnering with Meru Health, a digital provider who specializes in remote support for symptoms of stress, burnout, anxiety and even depression. Employees can access the program and talk to a licensed therapist via your smartphone. Note: participation is 100% confidential and no information is shared with APS.
You can learn more and sign up from this website: https://www.meruhealth.com/aps
Your chiropractic care benefit covers
- Evaluation and management
- Lab services and x-rays required for such services
- Manual manipulators
For more information view the Chiropractic Care Benefit
When clinically appropriate, your acupuncture benefit covers treatment of:
- Neuromusculoskeletal pain due to injury or illness; or
- Allergies, asthma, nausea and/or vomiting
Your treatment may include:
- Acupuncture by manual stimulation
- Electro-acupuncture applied to inserted needles
- Cupping or moxibustion- covered only in lieu of electrical stimulation
For more information view the Acupuncture Benefit
Kaiser has contracted with DispatchHealth to offer urgent healthcare at home for members in the Denver/Boulder and Colorado Springs area. This service is designed to reduce emergency room visits for non-emergencies and ensure that patients receive the care they need in a timely manner so they can then return to primary care quickly and conveniently.
HMO members will pay an urgent care copay; members with deductible plans may incur additional charges as determined by the fee schedule.
Services can be requested directly from the website at dispatchhealth.com, through the mobile app or by calling the following numbers:
- Denver/Boulder– 303-500-1519
- Colorado Springs– 719-270-0805
For more information visit the DispatchHealth website at https://www.dispatchhealth.com/
- FSA- Save money on your health care and/or dependent daycare expenses.
- HSA- Save money now to pay for current or future medical expenses. In order to sign up for an HSA account you must have chosen to enroll in a Kaiser HSA plan.
Sun Life Financial offers plans to help plan and maintain your health, well-being and sense of security.
- Accidental Injury Insurance- Accidental insurance helps to protect you by paying cash for covered accidents and treatments
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment- Life insurance that helps to financially support your family for household expenses, tuition, mortgage payments and more. Please note that if you purchase over $150,000 a separate Evidence if Insurability (EOI) form needs to be filled out through Sun Life.
- Long Term Disability- Replaces part of your income if you can't work due to a covered disability.
- Critical Illness Insurance - Provides a cash benefit when you or anyone covered on your plan is diagnosed with a covered condition.
- Emergency Travel and Identity Theft Protection- Services available to eligible participants in Sun Life's Life or Accident insurance.
- Sun Life Global Protection- Contact Assist America for assistance when experiencing a medical
or non-medical emergency while traveling more than 100 miles away from home or in another country, for less than 90 days.
- Sun Life Mobile- employees can conveniently access travel emergency assistance services from your phone by
downloading the free Assist America Mobile App for iPhone and Android
View Sun Life's help sheet if you need assistance on submitting a life insurance claim. Login to Sunlife at https://login.sunlifeconnect.com/commonlogin/#/login/10 using password: 1c$C%E@Z
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment - APS provides coverage at no cost for you. Two times your basic annual earnings, up to a max of $250,000
For more information on wellness visit APS's wellness site at http://wellness.aurorak12.org/