- All Aurora Public Schools employees contribute to PERA (Public Employee’s Retirement Association). Employees contribute 8% of their pre-tax monthly income and the district currently contributes 20.15%.
**Effective July 1, 2019** PERA members hired June 30, 2019 or before will contribute 8.75% of their pre-tax monthly income and the district will contribute 20.4%. New PERA members hired on or after July 1, 2019 will contribute 8.75% of their gross monthly income and the district will contribute 20.4%.
- When you retire, your monthly PERA benefit is a combination of your age and your years of service. It is currently calculated on the average of your highest 3 years of service.
- If you resign, you may withdraw your contribution in cash, leave it in PERA until such time that you are with another PERA employer, or roll the funds into another qualifying plan.
- To change your personal information with PERA, please visit www.copera.org/PDF/8/8-324.pdf, complete the form and return it to the APS Benefits office.
- Attention – Those planning to retire in the next three years: Currently, PERA suggests if you are planning to retire in the next three years, you may want to change your medical and dental deductions from pre-tax to after-tax dollars. You have the option to elect pre-tax or after-tax deductions in the Gallagher
- Employees who are new PERA members may visit www.copera.org for more information.
- For help with your PERA forms, please visit www.copera.org/pera/about/latestnews.htm#forms
This and other information regarding PERA may be found at www.copera.org