The University of Northern Colorado Center for Urban Education is offering a program to Paraeducators and Educational Assistants interested in earning a Bachelor's degree with licensure in one of three areas:
- Elementary Education (K - Grade 6)
- Early Childhood Education (Birth - Grade 3)
- Special Education (K - Age 21)
How is this program different from other teacher prep programs?
- Employees spend their day in a classroom teacher apprenticeship position with college credit - all four years. This includes time in the classroom as part of the regular duty day.
- Employees are mentored by a master teacher who offers guidance and support for the classroom apprenticeship experience during all four years of the program.
For more information about the Center for Urban Education, please visit www.unco.edu/urbaned.